This website only uses strictly necessary cookies to improve your experience and deliver our services Accept More info

Rushen United Football Club - "The Spaniards"

Welcome to Sundays Bi-Weekly (unless theres no game) Newsletter.


 Barrule League Playing Statistics for Season 2012-13

Name Played Goals (inc penalties) Penalties Own Goals Assists Yellow Cards Red Cards
Juan Kneen 14 3 0 0 0 0 0
Evan Venus 14 0 0 0 0 0 0
Django Kinley 14 0 0 0 0 0 0
Kyle Corrin 12 0 0 0 0 0 0
Zac Moughton 12 0 0 0 0 0 0
Toby Crossley 12 0 0 0 0 0 0
Jacob Halstein 10 1 0 0 0 0 0
Owen Whitehouse 10 2 0 0 0 0 0
alex reynolds 10 0 0 0 0 0 0
Kyle Davies 8 1 0 0 0 0 0
James Sullivan 8 0 0 0 0 0 0
Charles Barratt 7 0 0 0 0 0 0
Ethan Kiernan 6 0 0 0 0 0 0
scott mason 6 0 0 0 0 0 0
ben freeland 6 0 0 0 0 0 0
Finn McGregor 4 0 0 0 0 0 0
Ben Shaw 2 0 0 0 0 0 0
Totals 155 7 0 0 0 0 0

Today (3rd February 2013) our first game was against Laxey B, we lost 5-1. It was somewhat flattering to them, but was probably the right result. We went 2-0 down, but got back into the game with a cracking free kick from Jacob, he placed right under the bar leaving the keeper with no chance. It was 2-1 at half time, we had a chance to win it, but a couple of early second half goals killed us off. Toby was given Man of the Match for several excellent saves.

Next up were St Marys, we made enough chances to win this game, but we didnt put them away, which has been our Achilles heel all season. We played some good passing football and everyone put in 100% effort but we let in a sloppy goal and it ended up a 1-0 defeat, so heads up and keep on trying. Django won Man of the Match for a dominant defensive display.


Today (2nd December 2012) we played two matches in glorious winter sun, so thermals and shades!

The first game was against St. Georges, the boys started slowly and were soon 2 goals down but Juan scored a fine goal from Owens excellent cross to make it 2-1 on the stroke of halftime. Unfortunately, we conceded an early goal in the second half and the boys heads dropped which led to another couple of goals for St Georges, at 5-1 down the game was lost. The lads gamely carried on but were unable to get any consolation. Ethan was given Man of the Match for several eye-catching saves.

Miller Real were next up. The boys started really well and carved out some excellent chances early in the first half. We were very unlucky not to take the lead against the team lying in 2nd place in the league. Everyone was playing really well. Whilst we were not in full control we looked the most likely to score. The 2nd half followed the same pattern, it was nip and tuck, they certainly knew they were in a game. Mills were awarded a free kick outside the area and were lucky to score from a deflection off the wall. For the rest of the game we pressed them and could still have equalised but alas time ran out for us. We lost 1-0. Man of the Match was Django for his impressive heading and tenacious tackling. The Mills manager was heard to say to his team what a difficult game it was for them, I can only agree.

Overall, St. Georges were flattered by the scoreline and we gave Mills a Real fright. We definitely improved through the day, and the boys should remember what they did in the second game and build on it.


Just an update on today’s games (18/11/2012).

First of all, well done to everyone on our first win.

Our first game was against Castletown. Although we were playing some good football, I think we started off a little too slowly and we found ourselves 2-0 down but Owen gave us a bit of belief when he latched on to a long ball and put it past the keeper with aplomb toward the end of the first half. After the change around we started to play better, we gave them less time on the ball and really hassled them. However, with 2 minutes left we were still 2-1 down, we got the draw when Juan poached one in area, it was well deserved. That, however, was not the end because Owen broke down the left in the last minute and drove a low shot passed the keeper and that was the winner. I was really pleased that from 2-0 down, we showed the will to win and the talent to do it. Everyone played well and can take the credit for the win. Owen was made Man of the Match.

Next up were Marown B. This was a really good game between two well matched sides, we made enough chances to win, but couldnt put the ball in the back of the net. They scored with a break away goal, despite our good possession, and it ended up 1-0. I think we need not dwell on the defeat, but we should take the excellent performance as promise for the future, Owen again won Man of the Match.

There were several good performances today and everyone put in 100% effort, so congrats everyone.

Thanks to Rob for his excellent refereeing.


What an exciting couple of games we had today (14/10/2012), well done to everyone who played.

First up, on a lovely clear autumn morning, were local rivals Colby. We started brightly and dominated possession. The boys tried to play football, but were thwarted by a determined Colby. Most of their play came through one player, and once we realised this and started to get to him quicker, we began to take over. We certainly had the chances to win the game, but we could not put the ball in the back of the net. That is of course except for the obvious moment when we did, only for it to be disallowed by an outrageous refereeing decision! For those of you unfortunate to miss it, Kyle C hit a thunderbolt from 20 yards, it rebounded off the post and hit their forlorn keeper on the back and ended up in the net, the boys celebrations were cut short by the referee pointing to a handball in the build-up. I have subsequently spoken to the referee, in the car on the way home, and he informs me that because we charged down the ball with our hands which led to a clear advantage to us, he had to disallow it. Dont you just hate these fair refs!! Anyway the upshot is that hes not getting any tea and has to go to bed early. The match ended 0-0 and Scott Mason got MoM for an eye-catching second half defensive performance.

Our second match was against Millan. They were, perhaps, a better footballing side, but what we may have lacked in terms of skill, we made up for by physicality. Occasionally, our strong tackling spilled over into fouling, which is unacceptable, as is arguing with the referee. We were certainly still in the game at half time and it took a very good goal to beat us. As is often the case in these games, the first goal was decisive. Our heads dropped for a while and we lost a bit of our shape. As we were trying to get the equaliser, we were left exposed at the back and they scored a late second. It ended up a 2-0 defeat, Owen Whitehouse was deservedly awarded MoM for his efforts.

Overall, I was disappointed for the boys, at the moment we are not getting what we deserve. Lets hope that get our first win soon, maybe that will be undeserved to even up our luck!


Today (Sunday 30th September) we played our first league matches of the season. The first game was against St Marys. The boys played well in adverse conditions, strong winds and rain marred much of the game. I thought we created more chances and were unlucky to go one behind in the first half. The team, as so very often, did not give up and Kyle Davies got the equaliser, with, admittedly, a big deflection from a defender. In the end they were unlucky not to win, with sustained pressure in the last few minutes. Owen Whitehouse was awarded Man of the Match.

Next up were Laxey B (maybe that should be Laxey Barrule?), this was a cracking 0 0 draw. I thought, apart from the first few minutes, that we dominated this game. Again, strong winds made it difficult to play our best football, but they all gave their best. James Sullivan was particularly eye catching with some classy volleying. Despite our constant attacking, we were unable to score. Kyle Davies was awarded Man of the Match.

Overall, I was really pleased with the performances. If we carry on playing like that then the wins will certainly come.

Privacy notice    Cookie policy